I am a fourth year PhD Candidate in Economics and Complexity, at the “Vilfredo Pareto” Doctorate Program at Collegio Carlo Alberto, in Turin.
I am working under the supervision of Francesco Quatraro (UniTo) and Jeroen van den Bergh (ICTA-UAB).
Prior to starting the PhD, I worked for the European think tank Bruegel.
I am an applied researcher, now working on Evolutionary Economic Geography, Foreign Direct Investments, climate policy and innovation. Methodologically, I have a strong interest in spatial analysis, Natural Language Processing, and the use of non-conventional (big) data sources.
Work in progress:
- “Recombinant novelty and Foreign Direct Investments: evidence from European Regions” - with Francesco Quatraro and Alessandra Scandura
- “Every cloud has a green lining: FDIs, recombinant capabilities and green diversification in US Metropolitan Areas” - with Fabrizio Fusillo, Gianluca Orsatti, Francesco Quatraro and Alessandra Scandura
- “Exploring expert opinion on climate policy using Twitter” - with Ivan Savin and Jeroen van den Bergh
Other working papers:
- “Text mining into the Delors Committee records” - with Emmanuel Mourlon-Druol
- “Talking about Europe: exploring 70 years of news archives” - with Emmanuel Mourlon-Druol Working Paper
- “How Interested Are European Union Citizens in European Matters?” - with Francesco Papadia, Emmanuel Mourlon-Druol and Giuseppe Porcaro